|August 14, 2016|
|4:00 pm||to||6:00 pm|
Japanese Culture Day “Yukimusume: The Daughter of Snow”
Sunday, August 14 from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Dance Central NY Studio – 574 Bay Street, 2F, Staten Island
Sunday, October 23 (Time TBA)
Art Lab, Inc. – 1000 Richmond Terrace, Building H, Staten Island
Hiroko Otani, a teaching artist specializing in Japanese folk arts, has been spreading the culture of Japan throughout Staten Island for years. Starting in 2015, she began offering Japanese cultural events twice a year featuring interdisciplinary art forms based on and influenced by Japanese folk tales. Last year she presented “Gratitude of the Crane,” and this year’s theme is “Yukimusume: The Daughter of Snow”.
• Asian Arts Exhibit/Sales
• Traditional Japanese music and dance performance
• Butoh dance performance
• Contemporary dance with original music based on Japanese folk tales
• Yukimusume origami workshop
• Hiroko Otani: Organizer/Asian folk artist
• Dennis Green: Composer “Yukimusume”
• Masayo Richardson: Contemporary Dance “Yukimusume”
• Motoko Tadano: Japanese traditional dancing
• David Soler: Shakuhachi Player
• Joseph Adia: Origami Artist
• Melisande Echanique: Butoh Dance
For more information please visit Hiroko Otani’s website.