Asian Women in Business (AWIB) is accepting scholarship applications from now until October 1, 2014. A non-profit organization whose primary mission is to assist Asian women entrepreneurs, AWIB is looking for dynamic Asian female undergraduates currently enrolled in an accredited four-year college and who have the potential to be the next generation of leaders.
The AWIB scholarship recognizes exceptional Asian female college students with demonstrated scholarship, leadership, community service, and/or entrepreneurial experience. The scholarship awards $2,500 to each recipient and an additional $2,500 may be awarded based on need, for a maximum award of $5,000.
Bonnie Wong, President of AWIB, states, “Young Asian women need to be encouraged and supported when they give back to the community. Our scholars exemplify how these women are making a difference and are able to lead and commit to causes while maintaining excellent academic credentials.”
The basic eligibility requirements in order to be considered are as follows:
- Have demonstrated one of the following:
a) a leadership role in a community endeavor and/or
b) a record of entrepreneurial achievement
- Be a female of Asian descent
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be enrolled full-time in an accredited four-year undergraduate institution in the U.S. at the time of application and award. Please be advised that this scholarship is for currently enrolled undergraduates who have completed at least one semester.
- Carry a minimum of a 3.0 (out of 4.0) GPA at the time of application (high school credit/grades do not count toward this scholarship)
The application deadline is October 1, 2014, and winners will be notified by November 2014. To access the application and for more information, please visit AWIB’s website.