Japanese Culture Day “The Gratitude of the Crane”
Saturday, August 22 from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.
SIABC – 73 Wave Street, Staten Island
Saturday, August 29 from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Port Richmond Library – 75 Bennett Street, Staten Island
This event features:
• Asian Arts’ Exhibit by local artists
• Japanese music & dance performance
• Contemporary dance based on Japanese Folk Tale “The Gratitude of the Crane”
• Origami workshops
• Local Students’ Artwork Exhibit, inspired by Japanese Anime and Manga
Participating Artists include:
• Hiroko Otani (Native Japanese, Folk Artist)
Organizer / Asian Folk Art
• Dennis Green (Local Musician, Song Writer)
Composer “The Gratitude of the Crane”
• Sachiko Takimura (Native Japanese, Contemporary Dancer)
Contemporary Dance “The Gratitude of the Crane”
• Motoko Tadano (Native Japanese, Traditional & Contemporary Dancer)
Japanese traditional dancing
• David Soler (Shakuhachi Japanese Flute Musician)
Japanese traditional music
• Joseph Adia (Local Origami Artist)
• Keri Sheheen (Local Artist)
Japanese mask image prints
Also this event will features students’ work which was inspired by Japanese Anime, in collaboration with Art Lab www.artlabsi.org and other Summer Camps.
For more details, please contact:
Hiroko Otani, Creative Educator
Japanese Culture Day “The Gratitude of the Crane” is made possible by DCA Premier Grant from Staten Island Arts with public funding from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs.