Kids Fes & PriPri Contest
Saturday, May 6 from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
2nd Avenue (between 10th and 11th Streets)
The next Japan Fes street fair is focused on children in honor of Kodomo no Hi, or Children’s Day, a day dedicated to the health and happiness of children in Japan. The observance is part of Golden Week, a week of paid holidays in Japan that also include Constitution Memorial Day and Midori no Hi (Greenery Day).
One block of the East Village will have a festival atmosphere, filled with delicious Japanese cuisine, activities, and crafts available especially with children in mind.
There will be free workshops for children to learn how to make origami and other crafts and to dance the famous Awaodori Obon festival dance. The official stuntmen from the popular manga/anime series Naruto will also make an appearance!!
Princess & Prince (“Pripri”) Contest for Children
- Come to the event in your princess dresses and prince costumes
- Choose from face art, nail, hair and makeup, and/or henna tattoo ($5 each)
- Take a photo
- Upload your photo to Instagram using the hashtag #pripri and get “likes”
- The winner could get a prize
Japanese vendors will have booths with products and activities for children.
- BABY CLOUD LLC: Baby clothes and accessories
- Bit’z Kids: Children’s clothing
- Mingei Japan: Kimono
- MiZUDaMA: Jinbei for children
- Amnet: Yo-yo fishing game
- Tanaka Taisan: Face painting
- Tanaka Yoshimi: Japanese Crafts
Of course, there will be food!
- Sam’s Ice Cream: Fried ice cream
- Karl’s Balls: Takoyaki
- Teineiya: Grilled squid/Japanese soda
- Uminoie: Yakisoba
- Harmony of Shining Women Foundation: Hawaiian coffee and handmade Japanese crafts
- Yamasu Japan: Mochi, miso soup, snacks
- RESOBOX: Taikyaki parfait
- Dangoya Masa: Dango
- Batten Ramen: Shoyu ramen
- Murakami: Yakitori
- Maekawa’s Kitchen: Maze gohan
- Moffle Bar: Mochi-filled waffle
- Table for Two: Onigiri
This weekend festival will be a delight to adults and children alike! For more information, please visit the Japan Fes. website.