It’s Ramen Week! JapanCulture•NYC kicks off a series of stories examining and celebrating the ramen boom in New York.
Here’s a sneak peak of what you’ll see during the week:
- The history of ramen and the possible reasons why ramen has become incredibly popular
- Interview with Ippudo, the standard bearer of ramen in NYC
- Interview with Natsuko Yamawaki, the macrobiotic/probiotic chef whose shio-koji ramen placed second in the NY Street Ramen Contest
- A look into how Japan views the ramen craze in NYC
- An attempt at a compilation of the city’s ramen restaurants
JC•NYC wants to hear from you during Ramen Week! Where do you go when you’re craving the famous Japanese street food? Do you like down-and-dirty ramen, or are you more for upscale versions? What style do you prefer: Shio, miso, shoyu? Let me know! Post comments here, on Facebook, or send an e-mail to email@example.com with your ramen must-haves.
It’s Ramen Week 2012 at JapanCulture•NYC!