The Music of Sir Karl Jenkins
Sunday, January 15 at 2:00 p.m.
Carnegie Hall – 57th Street and 7th Avenue
Admission: $20 to $100
Distinguished Concerts International New York honors Welsh musician and composer Sir Karl Jenkins with an afternoon of both new and lauded compositions by the honoree. The program includes the U.S. premiere of Cantata Memoria – For the Children and the Jenkins Requiem. The performance is conducted by Jonathan Griffith, DCINY Artistic Director and Principal Conductor, and features Distinguished Concerts Orchestra and Distinguished Concerts Singers International.
One of the performers of the Jenkins Requiem is shakuhachi Grand Master James Nyoraku Schlefer. In addition to the use of shakuhachi, Requiem includes Japanese death poems in haiku form.
- Distinguished Concerts Orchestra and Distinguished Concerts Singers International
- Jonathan Griffith, Conductor
- Joanie Brittingham, Soprano
- Mark Walters, Bass-Baritone
- Jorge Avila, Violin
- Catrin Finch, Harp
- David Childs, Euphonium
- Holly Sorensen, Mezzo-Soprano
- James Nyoraku Schlefer, Shakuhachi
For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit Carnegie Hall’s website.