SUMO STEW 6
Wednesday, March 23 from 8:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.
The Brooklyn Brewery – 79 N 11th Street, Brooklyn
Sumo Stew will be live streaming sumo matches from the grand tournament in Osaka, Japan, and serving plentiful bowls of chankonabe (sumo stew).
- Bento boxes by Hakata Tonton, Hibino, City Grit/Birds & Bubbles, and all’onda/Uma Temakeria
- Duck Chankonabe with Soba Rice by chef Ishamel Alverez of Moku Moku
- Nukazuke (bran) Pickles from Gaku Shibata of Azasu
- Yudofu (warmed tofu in broth)
- Desserts by Tomoko Kato of Patisserie Tomoko
Drinks will be provided by Nikka Whisky USA, Mizu Shochu, Joto Sake LLC, and Kettl tea.
Have fun with sumo-themed tenugui by wuhaonyc.com.
The price includes two drink tickets and a Brooklyn Brewery beer token. Additional beer tokens will be available for purchase.
To purchase tickets, please visit The Brooklyn Kitchen’s website.