First Annual NYC Asian Comedy Festival
Saturday, January 25 from 5:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 26 from 3:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.
The PIT Striker Mainstage and Underground Theaters – 123 E. 24th Street (between Lexington and Park Avenue South)
Admission: $30 Two-day Festival Pass/$15 and $13 for individually ticketed acts
The Peoples Improv Theater (The PIT) with Creative Producers Otter Lee, Kate Moran, and Edward Pokropski, host the first ever Asian Comedy Festival (ACF). The two-day festival looks to celebrate the burgeoning Asian comedy scene in New York City and highlight some amazing Asian-identifying performers and teams from around the world.
Notable acts include Asian AF (featured on NBC and NY Times), Asian Not Asian podcast (featured on Vulture and AV Club), AZN Pop (featured on NBC, PBS), Overstep Comedy (NY Sketchfest), Bryan Yang (Standup NBC showcase semi-finalist), Jes Tom (TimeOut New York’s “LGBTQ POC Comedians We’re Obsessed With.”), Karen Chee (Late Night with Seth Meyers), Usama Siddiquee (Just For Laughs, Desus and Mero), and more.
Of particular interest to the Japanese American community are Asian Not Asian, a podcast co-hosted by Fumi Abe, who was featured on an episode of The Big Root podcast; Overstep Comedy, with quarter Japanese writer/producer Andy Shartzer; Non Kuramoto, a New York-based Japanese actor, comedian, and writer; and magician and comedian Rich Kameda.
Schedule and Lineup
Saturday, January 25
- 5:00 p.m. Youngmi Meyer | Ann Chunharakchote | Sarah Harvard | Edward Liu | Shompa Kabir | Jasper Wang
- 6:00 p.m. Chewy May | Dimitri Wejaysingher | Kyle Marian Viterbo | Joe Albano | Sandy Lee
- 7:00 p.m. Overstep
- 8:00 p.m. Asian AF
- 9:30 p.m. Asian Not Asian
- 11:00 p.m. ACF After Party!
- 5:00 p.m. Open Sesame Oil | Not Your Biwi | Improv Jam
- 6:30 p.m. Brian Park | Stephanie Nam | Anhtriet Tran | Josh Tolentino | Alex Kim | Rita Sengupta
- 7:30 p.m. Jes Tom | Non Kuramoto | PRANAV Behari | Vivek Netrakanti | Patricia Dinglasan | Matt Jardin
- 9:00 p.m. Angel Yau | Nathan Pearson | Peter Wong | Jiji Lee | Zubi Ahmed
- 10:30 p.m. Shohana Sharmin | Luwita Hana Randhawa | Rich Kameda
Sunday, January 26
- 4:30 p.m. K. Cheng | Jordan Leung | Rakhee Morzaria | William Paik | Sai Somboon | Sandip Sen | Prathaviraj Purohit
- 5:30 p.m. Michael Cruz Kayne | Sunny Outlaw
- 9:00 p.m. Karen Chee | Misha Han | Fareeha Khan | Usama Siddiquee
- 3:00 p.m. Panel Discussion
- 4:00 p.m. Luke Trovese | Vinay Umapathy | Pandora | Skye Grayson | Aarushi Agni | Preeti Torul | Divya Gunasekaran
- 5:00 p.m. The Fung Bros. | Jason Choi | Esther Chen | Art Cai | Otter Lee
- 6:30 p.m. Bryan Yang | Raj Belani | Meghna Shah
- 7:30 p.m. Azn Pop | Super Smack
- 9:00 p.m. Dope Azn
- 10:00 p.m. Shenuque & Vivek | Prisms | Farooq Hussain | Marcus Cardona
Please note that acts will perform simultaneously on two stages. You can purchase tickets for individual performances, or you can get the most out of NYC ACF 2020 with the two-day festival pass. Your NYC ACF Pass grants admission to all shows after individually ticketed patrons are seated. Many headlining shows sell out, and your festival pass will not grant admission to those events. If you have questions about a specific show, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To purchase tickets, please visit The PIT’s website.
JapanCultureNYC is the English-language website dedicated to all things Japanese in New York City. Discover your next favorite Japanese anything at JapanCulture-NYC.com.